How to Verify your Business Facebook Page
A verified tick on your Business Facebook page is one of the easiest things your company can do to gain credibility online. It’s a simple and quick process to become verified – in fact it will only take you 5 minutes! The grey tick you receive on your page after verification, indicates that your page is the offical representation of your business.
Why should you verify your business Facebook page?
There are many reasons why you should take a few minutes to verify your Business Facebook page.
The main reason is that Facebook has confirmed verified pages show up higher in search results. This is crucial to increase your companies visibility on Facebook by making it easier for your customers to find your page. The grey tick authenticates your page on Facebook and assures people that the page’s content is legitimate. Many businesses have multiple Facebook pages which have been developed over the years, or perhaps have found unofficial pages representing their business. The grey tick instantly lets people know which one is your companies official page which will eliminate confusion. Finally, the grey tick is Facebook’s stamp of approval for your company telling everyone that you are who you say you are.
How to verify your business Facebook page
There are a few settings your account will need in order to gain access to the verification process.
- Your page’s category must be Local Business, Company or Organisation
You can find out or edit your page’s category, by going to your relevant business page and clicking on About which you will find on the left hand side of the page. Below General, click Edit next to Category and begin typing in the relevant category if you wish to add another. Facebook allows you to add up to three categories and currently there are no limits to how many times a company can change this.
- You must be a page admin to verify the page. If you are not an admin you will need to ask the page admin to change your page role to ‘admin’. Alternatively you could request that they complete the verification process.
- You must have a profile picture
- You must have a cover photo
If you can say yes to all the above criteria congratulations – you are two minutes away from page verification!
- Firstly click Settings at the top of your Page
- From General, click Page Verification (Note this will only show up if you meet the above criteria)
- Next click Verify this Page, then click Get Started
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code
- Finally you need to enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue
If you verify by phone your grey tick should appear almost instantly on your page and your page will be verified. Congratulations!